Prioritary Allergen-free Cranberry Bread Recipe
The Holiday season is already here! Enjoy this recipe with friends or freeze it for later consumption with your favourite warm beverage on a cold winter day.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 500 ml (2 cups) of permitted flour
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of baking soda
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of baking powder
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of salt
- 1 whole orange
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of permitted oil
- Hot water as needed *
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of honey or granulated sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) of dried cranberries, coarsely chopped**
* Did you know that one shouldn’t cook using hot tap water due to a possible higher content of toxic metals or contaminants? The best way to use hot water is to heat cold tap water in a kettle or on the stove in a cooking pot before using it in your recipe.
** Make sure that the product you choose has been packaged in an environment where the risk of contamination is low.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (320 ° F).
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of freshly grated orange peel and put it in a 250 mL (1 cup) measuring cup.
- Squeeze approximately 125 mL (1/2 cup) of orange juice and add it to the zest in the measuring cup.
- Add hot water to the measuring cup until you reach a total of 180 ml (3/4 cup) of liquid.
- Add this liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir gently with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add honey and dried cranberries and stir again until just moistened. Do not stir too much.
- Place the mixture in a 2-litre (9 “x 5”) pan.
- Bake in a preheated 160 ° C (320 ° F) oven for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before unmolding.
Refrigerate the loaf for up to 7 days or freeze it for up to 3 months
The recipes we suggest are meant to be priority allergen-free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling check for each ingredient.