Recipe for Green Bean Salad
Crunchy as can be, this colourful salad will add a touch of sunshine to your spring days! It is the perfect accompaniment to your meat, fish or vegetable protein.
- 500 ml (2 cups) green beans, coarsely chopped*
- 3 carrots, grated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) black olives, pitted and sliced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh chives, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) maple syrup or honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, grated carrots, black olives and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup or honey.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator.
* For softer beans, it is possible to blanch them by dipping them in boiling water for a few minutes. Cool quickly afterwards by dipping the beans in a dish filled with water and ice or by placing them under cold water.
N.B. The recipes we suggest are intended to be free of the main allergens. However, it is still important you verify for yourself the nutritional labels of each ingredient.