Priority Allergen-Free Royal Icing Recipe
This Bonbon Collections recipe is both fast and adaptable depending on the ingredients you have on hand. It contains no cow’s milk, egg or other priority allergens.
- 250 ml (1 cup) icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) maple syrup, agave syrup or rice syrup
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) water, plant-based beverage, or fruit puree (we used strained raspberries) soupe d’eau, de lait végétal ou de purée de fruit
- In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Depending on the intended use for your icing, feel free to add a bit more liquid until the desired consistency is obtained.
- Keep the mixture tightly covered until you are ready to use the icing to prevent it from drying out.
Many thanks to Bonbon Collections pastry shop for sharing one of its tasty secrets with us!
The recipes we provide are meant to be priority allergen-free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling revision in accordance with your specific dietary restrictions.