Pancakes or Waffles, a Priority Allergen-free Recipe
For a special treat on Valentine’s Day, why not treat your other half, your children or simply yourself to a special breakfast! These pancakes and waffles are the perfect treat with berries and maple syrup.
- 500 ml (2 cups) of permitted flour
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of baking powder
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of salt
- 7 mL (1/2 tablespoon) of granulated sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) of water
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of canola oil or other permitted oil
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) of vanilla extract
- Oil of your choice for cooking
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and granulated sugar.
- Add water, oil and vanilla extract and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat a small amount of oil.
- Pour a small amount of pancake batter, to form a circle that’s about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on the pancake and the edges are a little dry.
- Turn over the pancake and keep cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 until you have used up all the preparation.
This same mix works well for waffle preparation. Simply follow the instructions associated with your specific waffle iron.
Refrigerate the batter for up to 2 days.
The recipes we suggest are meant to be priority allergen-free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling check for each ingredient.