Beloved Chocolate Cake -Without Prioritary Allergens
This chocolate cake contains no wheat, eggs, milk, nuts, soy, nor any other priority allergen, so it’s allergy safe and delicious!
Ingredients for the chocolate cake
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) wheat free all-purpose flour
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) permitted unsweetened cocoa
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 75 ml (5 tablespoon) permitted vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) vinegar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) cold water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) permitted semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for frosting
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) permitted margarine
- 675 ml (2 1/2 cups) icing sugar
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) permitted milk (plant-based or other)
Preparation for the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, cocoa and baking soda.
- Mix with a fork, then add the oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- When the dry ingredients are well moistened, add cold water and mix until homogeneous.
- Add the chocolate chips and pour the dough into the mold.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Preparation for the frosting
- In a bowl, cream margarine.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, alternating with the permitted milk, until desired consistency.
- Add more sugar or milk if necessary.
- Flavor and color according your creativity of the moment!
- Decorate the cake with this frosting.