All Natural Granola Recipe
As it is often difficult to find allergen-free granola mixes on the market, we suggest you make your own nut-free, peanut-free, sesame-free, dairy-free and egg-free recipe (egg white is often used as a binding agent), but above all … without any compromise on taste!
Yield: Makes 1.5 kg (12 cups)
- 500 g (5 cups) oat flakes *
- 20 g (1 cup) puffed quinoa
- 250 g (2 cups) grated carrots
- 150 g (1 cup) grilled pumpkin seeds
- 50 g (¼ cup) flaxseed (optional)
- 100 g (1 cup) coconut flakes or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup or honey
- 85 ml (⅓ cup) coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 350 g (2 cups) diced dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, cherries, mangos, dates or apples)
- 145 g (1 cup) dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, carrots, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed and coconut flakes. Put aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook maple syrup, coconut oil and salt until mixture is hot and liquid. Reduce heat; add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and baking soda. Using a wooden spoon, mix for a few seconds, until the preparation is homogeneous. Pour the hot mixture over the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir gently.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring the mixture halfway through cooking.
- Out of the oven, add the dried fruits using a wooden spoon, and incorporate them well. Once the mixture is cool, add the chocolate chips, if desired, and mix.
This granola can be stored for up to 2 weeks at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipe from Dominique Seigneur’s cookbook, Allergique et gourmand.
The recipes we suggest are meant to be priority allergen-free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling check for each ingredient.