Maple fudge recipe made without nuts, cream or butter!
Try this “creamy” and delicious recipe for fudge made without dairy, nuts or other priority allergen. It is surprisingly decadent.
Serving: 40 small square
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) rice cream for cooking*
- 250 ml (1 cup) granulated white sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) lightly packed brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
*Often found in the organic food aisle of your supermarket.
- Spread parchment paper in a loaf pan or small square pan, all the way up to the rim.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the rice cream, white sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer without stirring until the temperature of the candy thermometer reads 115°C (240°F).
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture directly in the saucepan using a whisk or an electric mixer, for about 1 minute until the mixture whitens and becomes thicker.
- Transfer to the loaf or square pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
Keeps for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
* The recipes we provide are meant to be priority allergen-free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling revision in accordance with your specific dietary restrictions.