Coconut Milk Rice Pudding Recipe
We modified a Ricardo recipe by replacing milk and cream with canned coconut milk. Young and old will love this simple, priority allergen-free dessert.
- 1 litre (4 cups) canned coconut milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) of arborio rice or other short grain rice
- 70 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 125 ml (½ cup) canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or a vanilla pod)
- In a large saucepan, gently bring the coconut and rice to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sugar and starch. Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and mix well with a whisk. Pour into the cooked rice mixture and bring to a boil again while stirring. Simmer 1 minute. Add the vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the rice. Let cool and refrigerate until completely cooled. Stir before serving
If you prefer to use a vanilla bean, cut it in half and let it steep during step # 1.
The recipes we suggest are meant to be priority allergen free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling check for each ingredient.