Egg-Free Mayonnaise Recipe
It is not always easy to find replacement products, especially when the food allergen is the main ingredient! Here is a wonderful egg-free mayonnaise recipe created by Thao Nguyen from Bonbon Collections. There is no doubt it will enhance your sandwiches, dips and other spreads.
Makes about ¾ – 1 cup (180 ml – 250 ml)
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of apple cider vinegar
- 2 ml (½ teaspoon) of salt
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of aquafaba (cooking liquid for chickpeas)
- 3-4 cooked chickpeas
- Lemon juice and turmeric, to taste
- 180 ml to 250 ml (¾ to 1 cup) of permitted oil (canola, light olive, avocado or grape seed)
- In a hand blender bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, salt, aquafaba, chickpeas, lemon juice and turmeric. Mix well.
- Add the oil in a thin drizzle, whisking continuously, until desired thickness is achieved.
Refrigerate for up to 7 days.
The recipes we suggest are meant to be priority allergen free. However, it remains important to do your own nutrition labelling check for each ingredient.